Thursday, January 27, 2011

Dempsey Family {family photographer | Conroe, TX}

Meet the Dempsey family.  Their session was completed at the end of December, but with most things, life got in the way and they weren't blogged.  Don't get me wrong they are VERY blog worthy so today they get their spotlight.

Brianne came to me, as a friend needing a family portrait for a project her and her siblings were doing as a Christmas gift for her mom.  I've officially only "known" the Dempsey family for five years.  We met back when my husband I first bought our house.  We soon met our neighbors, then we met the neighbor's brother and sister-in-law and that's when we soon found out how little the world was.

Our middle daughter Jaymi instantly became friends with their daughter Jenna.  Their birthdays are only weeks apart, their dad's names are identical except for the last names and we all went to the same high school.  Their names are both "J" names as they put it.  We always joke that had we just known our kids were going to be such good friends, we would have made a point to be friends way back in high school.  About a year ago, Bri asks me where I went to elementary school.  When I tell her, she brings this old class picture out and there it is---- an image of toothless me on the bottom row and her husband somewhere in the middle.  We had known each other since the first grade!  WOW!

Now I can honestly say that we've known each other for what feels like forever.  Our family loves theirs and truly enjoys all of our gatherings together.  I felt privileged that she called me for their first family portraits since Jenna was born.  I hope I did them justice and look forward to updating them for years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment