Tuesday, May 11, 2010

This Memorial Day...

I have always been about giving back to the community.  I'm a Girl Scout, it's etched in my brain.  This year, I wanted to do something different, something unique that I've not done to honor the heroes who fight for my freedom as somewhat of a tribute to my military family and friends.  Because of them I am able to do what I enjoy and I want to share my joy, my appreciation with them for what they give selflessly.  I have submitted my application to be a participating photographer with Operation: Love ReUnited.  They are a wonderful organization that provide deployment images to soldiers and their families at no cost.  Once the soldier is able to release where they have been deployed to they receive a 4x6 album of all the deployment pictures at no cost.  Those are the requirements, I have chosen to go above this and also offer an additional 10% off any of there future print orders from their sessions, whether its the deployment, a while we wait session, or the return home.  They pay the ultimate sacrifice and this is a small way for me to show my appreciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment